3 September 2017

Spring and Summer Book Haul | 2017

Here are all the books I added to my shelves between March and August 2017! Quite a lot of them I bought for myself, but it was also my birthday in August so I got a few books them as well. There's 12 books here, which means I'm keeping kind of even in terms of books bought vs. books bought. But without further ado, here are all the books I've got my hands on in spring and summer this year:




A Conjuring of Light by VE Schwab - The third and final book in her Shades of Magic Trilogy, which, despite buying pretty early on this year, I still haven't read, because I'm too terrified of the series coming to an end.
A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas - The third and final book in the ACOTAR series (at least, the last of these first three trilogy? Because there's more books coming and who knows what's happening with them), which I have actually read!
The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch - A book which I've heard a tonne about and just sounds amazing and right up my alley but at the same time is very long and quite intimidating looking for me to have picked up yet.



Nimona by Noelle Stevenson - My favourite book of the year so far, this graphic novel is an incredible mix of fantasy and sci-fi and adventure and snark and fantastic characters, and I loved it so much it actually made me cry when it was over, and I've been raving about it to anyone who'll listen ever since.
Through the Woods by Emily Carroll - Another graphic novel and another very good one, except this book is a series of shorter stories which are all beautifully illustrated but are also terrifying in the very best way. 
The Encyclopedia of Witches & Witchcraft by Rosemary Ellen Guiley - I bought this while on holiday on the Isle of Wight to add to my folklore and mythology shelf. Was it an impulse buy? Yes. Have I read it yet? No. Am I likely to do more than flick through it now and again? No. Do I regret buying it? No. 



The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon - I've had this on my TBR for ages, and finally bought it up a Waterstones as part of a huge purchase. I used a Waterstones voucher to pay for everything, but then the cashier told me there wasn't quite enough money left on it to cover everything, so I whipped out my other Waterstones voucher to pay for the rest, and (I think) kind of impressed him.
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon - This was kind of an impulse buy. I read this ages ago when I was around ten, but had gotten rid of my copy sometime in the twelve years since, but really really wanted to read it again!
Scribbleboy by Philip Ridley - Another childhood favourite I actually wanted my own copy of, this was one of the two books I asked for (and received) for my birthday.




Dark Matter by Blake Crouch - And this was the other book! I first saw this on bookstagram in a truly wonderful edition (which sadly I couldn't get, but this edition is a pretty close second) and it sounded amazing!
The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman - This was my first Neil Gaiman, and even though I did find it slightly disappointing, I'm still pretty glad I've got it on my shelves now. 
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman - And finally, I got another Neil Gaiman book just after I finished the first! This is an absolutely gorgeous edition I've had my eye on for ages, and it's also illustrated by my favourite illustrator of all time, Chris Riddell.


No comments:

Post a Comment