Books I'll Probably Never Read Tag


I wasn't tagged by anyone over on bookstagram to do this tag, but it sounded like so much fun that I wanted to do it anyway! It was created by littlespider9 over on her Youtube channel, but I first came across it one of Ariel Bissett's videos instead, so go and make sure you check out both their channels! As the title would suggest, it's all about those books that you just don't want to read.


1. A really hyped book you're not interested in reading?

There are literally SO MANY BOOKS I could answer for this (and I’m also thinking of doing an entire blog post on this topic), so for now I’ll say: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff, anything by Colleen Hoover or Cassandra Clare, or the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. 


2. A series you won't start / won't be finishing?

I started listening to the audiobook of Divergent by Veronica Roth, but gave up halfway through because all of the characters were annoying me, and will definitely not be continuing the series. And even though I just mentioned Cassandra Clare in the question above, I did actually read Clockwork Angel and Clockwork Prince by her, I just have no plans to read the final book of the trilogy, Clockwork Princess. Finally, I read Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo, and listened to half of Siege and Storm on audiobook, but it’s not been so long since I cared about the characters or story that I don’t think I can bring myself to again. 


3. A classic that you're just not interested in?

I started listening to the audiobook of Divergent by Veronica Roth, but gave up halfway through because all of the characters were annoying me, and will definitely not be continuing the series. And even though I just mentioned Cassandra Clare in the question above, I did actually read Clockwork Angel and Clockwork Prince by her, I just have no plans to read the final book of the trilogy, Clockwork Princess. Finally, I read Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo, and listened to half of Siege and Storm on audiobook, but it’s not been so long since I cared about the characters or story that I don’t think I can bring myself to again. 


4. Any genres you never read?

My least read genres are probably horror and YA contemporary romances. That being said, I do have a graphic novel (Through the Woods by Emily Carroll) which could be classed as horror, and I’ve also got four Sarah Dessen books (The Truth About Forever, Just Listen, Lock & Key, and Along For The Ride) which are all YA contemporary romances, and I really liked all of those books!


5. A book on your shelves you'll probably never actually read?

Oooh this question is a mean one, and one I feel really bad about answering because I recently had a clear out on my shelves and got rid of all the books I’d probably never read – so having to pick one now anyway is pretty difficult! In the end I’ll probably have to go with Lamentation by CJ Samson, which is the final in his six book mystery series set in Elizabethan London. I read the first two books a couple of years ago, and they’re still on my shelves, but the other four have been languishing on my TBR pile ever since, though they did survive my TBR cull. Lamentation is the book I’m least likely to read because three huge and quite dense historical novels stand between me and it, and then Lamentation itself is an ENORMOUS stonker of a hardback with over 600 pages.


No comments:

Post a Comment