Books and Flowers Tag


Over on my bookstagram I was tagged by @noteworthy_novels to do this tag, and as I love taking photos of books and flowers, I figured that doing a tag inspired by flowers would also be pretty fun!


Gerbera: A book that everyone should read 

I read Kate Tempest's poetry book Let Them Eat Chaos earlier this year, and will not stop going on about it because I loved it that much. It's a mixture between a character study and a study of humanity, and all the misery and recklessness and hope and beauty that goes with it, and it surprised me by making me so emotional I actually cried (it's not that hard to make me cry in real life, but with books it rarely happens). I would recommend this to anyone and everyone. 


Rose: Favourite timeless classic 

Maybe it's cliche, but I'm going with the Harry Potter series. I've loved these books since I was old enough to love books, and they are the series to which I will always return and pledge my eternal love and dedication. 


Carnation: Your prettiest book

This one's a bit of no-brainer; it's my gorgeous edition of Uprooted by Naomi Novik. I can objectively say that this book is the prettiest thing on my shelves, and I was lucky enough to get one that accidentally had an extra dust jacket, so if it ever does start to get a bit battered from wear and tear, I can just switch them over and keep it in beautiful condition forever (or at least that's what I'm hoping). 


Baby's breath: A childhood favourite

I realise that my initial reaction to pick the Harry Potter series again would be a little boring, so instead I'm going to go with the Lady Grace Mysteries, which is a fantastic series of books set in the court of Elizabeth I. I haven't read these books in maybe ten years, but I'm also not ready to get rid of the series yet, because I have such fond memories of them. 


Peony: Favourite romance book

I don't generally read that many romance-focused books, but the one that comes to mind is The Constant Princess by Phillipa Gregory, which tells the story of Katherine of Aragon's tragically short first marriage to Prince Arthur, and what she did after. It was the first Phillips Gregory book I ever picked up (in a charity shop in Yarmouth on the Isle of Wight) and even after I'd read several others of her books but realised I just didn't like them that much to hang onto, The Constant Princess was the one book to escape the purge. 


Daisy: Summertime read

I have a whole blog post where I gave my summer reading recommendations, but one book I didn't include there was A Darker Shade of Magic by VE Schwab (along with its two sequels, A Gathering of Shadows and A Conjuring of Light). Even though I didn't read these during summer, I always associate the season with my best reading each year, and this was a series I adored with all my heart. 


Tulip: Cosy winter read

I also have a winter reads recommendations post (check it out if you're interested!) but I think I'd consider Skybreaker by Kenneth Oppel my cosiest book. It's technically the sequel to his book Airborn, which I didn't actually read for a good few years after this one, but I was able to grasp the story really easily, and the times when they mentioned plot points I'd missed, it was sort of just like learning backstory. Skybreaker has been a favourite book of mine for maybe fifteen years - and I don't think it'll stop anytime soon! 




No comments:

Post a Comment