3 July 2017

Mid-Year Goals Check In | 2017


Well, I’m exactly halfway through the year, so I thought it would be a good time to check in with how I’m doing with the bookish resolutions I set at the start of January! In the past, I’ve never stuck with this blog long enough into the year to make this post, so this post in itself is also kind of a cool accomplishment for me! Let’s get into it:


Resolution 1: Read at least 30 books
This is a lower target that the past two years and I am still behind. If I was going to stay on track I would’ve read 15 books by now, but in fact I’ve only read 9. There’s still hope for this resolution though! I’m back from my (miserable) year abroad now, meaning I have two months of unadulterated summer to hopefully be filled with reading, so there’s still a good chance I can hit 30 books by the time 2017 ends. 

Resolution 2: Restart my book blog
Completed this one the moment I posted that first set of resolutions! So I’m still counting that as a win.

Resolution 3: Post at least twice a month
This one I’ve also kept up with! Right at the start of the year I planned out a year’s worth of content, and I’ve done a pretty good job at keeping up with it, even with later unexpected additions like the By The Book Tag.

Resolution 4: Bring down my number of “own but haven’t read” books to under 20
On my Goodreads this shelf is currently standing at 40, so I’m still a long way of this. To be fair, it was closer to 60 at the start of the year and I just cleared some books that I knew I was never going to read, so I guess I have made a bit of an impression there, it’s just miles off what I hoped it would be. 

Resolution 5: Write at least a mini-review for each book I read
I’m counting my wrap ups as said ‘mini-reviews’, and even though I’ve only read 9 books, I've also written 9 mini-reviews, meaning so far I have a 100% success rate!

Resolution 6: Continue posting book photos on Instagram
I’m actually really proud of how my Bookstagram account has been coming along, and even though I don’t have a very consistent theme, I’m pretty pleased with the whole thing! It’s where I get a lot of the tags I post on here, and I just love getting inspiration from other bookstagram accounts I follow. It’s coming up to my 1 year anniversary on bookstagram at the end of this month, which I think is incredible, because it’s already become such a huge part of my life!




No comments:

Post a Comment