1 June 2017

My Summer TBR


I always count June as the beginning of summer, so with the new season here's a new very tentative TBR to go with it! For my spring TBR I actually ended up reading 3 of the 9 books I listed, which doesn't seem like a lot but is actually more than I expected, so it's safe to say that once again I have very low expectations for how well I get on!




A Court of Wings and Ruin - Sarah J Maas
This one I feel pretty confident about finishing, because I'm currently reading it and am already half way through! It's going well so far, and I feel pretty confident about saying it's heading for another four star rating for the series! I'll be sad to finish the trilogy, escpecially as I've heard the spin-off books will focus on Nesta - who I'm not the biggest fan of. 

The Sudden Appearance of Hope - Claire North
It's back on my TBR lists because I still have not read it. I honestly have no excuse other than I just don't feel like it, but unfortunately that's the hardest hurdle for me to get over. 

Harry Potter und der Kammer des Schreckens - JK Rowling
This is the German edition of Chamber of Secrets, and I'd love to finish reading it over the summer (and hopefully some of the other books if that's not too ambitious?) because I'm studying German at university, and currently toying with the idea of writing about the world of HP for my dissertation ...



The Paper Magician - Charlie N Holmberg
Another book making a reappearance because it's still languishing unread on my shelves. I'm SORRY I'll get to you EVENTUALLY (probably). 

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe - Benjamin Alire Sáenz
Everything I've heard about this book is that it's a) amazing, and b) a summery read, hence me putting it on this summery TBR! I've heard 98% good things about this book, so I am a little bit excited to get to it if I can. 

The Road to Little Dribbling - Bill Bryson
My parents bought me this while I was on my year abroad in Germany, but I never got the chance to read it before I came back. So now I'm officially back in the UK, hopefully I'll find it as funny as I did his other book Notes from a Small Island. 



The Lies of Locke Lamora - Scott Lynch
I'm already getting the feeling that this is going to be one of my next few reads; it just sounds perfect! Like I said, I'm currently ploughing through ACOWAR, and I think I'll still be in the mood for some epic fantasy adventure when I'm done. All three of these books are some of my most recent purchases, so I guess I feel a little guilty about giving them priority over the books that have been patiently waiting for AGES to get read, but oh well.

The Watchmaker of Filigree Street - Natasha Pulley
Okay, I mainly bought this because it had cool green page edges, but the synopsis didn't sound too bad either! It's been a while since I read any fiction set in Victorian times, and this isn't too long, so hopefully it'll be a quick and enjoyable summer read. 

The Bone Season - Samantha Shannon
This last book I think of as a real investment. It's pretty heavy, and all the pages at the start explaining the world to the reader suggest it's gonna be dense and maybe a little confusing, but I've loved books like that in the past! So far the only thing stopping me from picking it up is the fact it's the first of a SEVEN book series, and only the first three have been published!



No comments:

Post a Comment