By The Book Tag


Over on my bookstagram I was tagged by the lovely Ally at @the.imperfect.library to do this tag. I thought this one would be fun because all the questions are quite unusual ones I don’t remember any other tags asking! So here goes:


Which book is on your nightstand?

I don’t have a nightstand per say, but the book next to my bed on my desk is my current read: A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas. I’m a little over half way through, and so far I’m really enjoying it!

What was the last really good book you read?

My last five star read was Nimona by Noelle Stevenson, which I read back in April. I adored this book. It had everything I wanted – sarcastic villains, morally grey heroes, evil organisations, magic, science-fiction, real surprising moments of emotion, and more!

Which book would we be surprised to find on your shelf?

I actually have quite a lot of Doctor Who books (and also some Torchwood ones!) that to be honest I haven’t reread in ages, but I like hanging onto them for the possibility that I might.

How do you organise your bookshelf?

I have one designated Harry Potter shelf, and another for all the piles of books I own but haven’t read yet. Then 95% of the remaining shelves are organised by the colour of the book spines (I find this is the easiest way for me to remember where things are on my shelves – plus it doesn’t look half bad!), and the last 5% are the longer series whose books all have different coloured spines but I want to keep together. These are all on my lowest shelf so they don’t distract so much from the main rainbow.

Which books should you have already read?

I’m definitely someone who will buy books I really want to read and then still not have read them years later. A few examples of said books are: The Flame Alphabet by Ben Marcus, The Penguin Book of Norse Myths by Kevin Crossley-Holland and Through the Language Glass by Guy Deutscher.

A book that disappointed you?

Two posts back on this blog I wrote all about books that looked beautiful but whose contents were definitely not for me (you can read that post here), but the most recent book that really disappointed me was A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro.

No comments:

Post a Comment