Winter Book Haul


These are all the books I added to my shelves between December 2016 to February 2017. Some were Christmas presents, some my parents didn't want any more so I was able to nab them instead, and some I bought for myself.



Sovereign, Revelation, Heartstone and Lamentation are books 3-6 in the Shardlake series by CJ Sansom, a crime / detective series set in Tudor England. I read the first two (Dissolution and Dark Fire) back in 2015, and had Sovereign on my TBR pile for over a year but never got round to reading it. I was this close to calling it quits and giving the book back to my mum, when she announced that she was clearing out her shelves and would I like the rest too? So this stonker of a series is now sitting in its entirety on my shelves and waiting to be read.



These are the books I got for Christmas itself (ok, no, three isn't a huge number who likes reading as much as I do, but I also got a massive book voucher so I'm pretty happy with that). Arcadia was from my sister, and is so heavy it's definitely a potential murder weapon. I'd never heard of it, but a Goodreads review describes it as a "Shakespearean time-travel dystopian science fantasy spy thriller romance", which I am very down for. Adulting: How to become a Grown-Up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps was the only book I specifically asked for, and I am hoping it will transform me from an Amateur Adult™ to an Official Adult™. And More Very British Problems is just a bit of a laugh I'm sure will be a really quick and easy read.



And these last three are books I've gotten since Christmas. The first, The Possessions, is actually the first ARC I've ever owned, which is pretty cool! (even if it doesn't say the actual title on the front cover...) It's a kind of ghost story about a woman who can channel the dead, and sounds pretty interesting. Then Empire of Storms is the fifth book in the Throne of Glass series, and because I've already invested the time reading and enjoying the first four books, I can't wait to see what sort of crazy exploits happen in this one! The Paris Architect was a bit of an impulse buy for me (a rare occasion), set in Nazi-occupied Paris, and sounded right up my alley, because I'm studying German, have studied some French, and I love WWII-set novels!


No comments:

Post a Comment