17 Books I Want to Read in 2017


1.
A Conjuring of Light by VE Schwab ==> This is the final book in the Shades of Magic trilogy and I am SO HYPED for it!! I read A Darker Shade of Magic in 2015 and LOVED it, and then A Gathering of Shadows last year and LOVED IT JUST AS MUCH, so needless to say I am counting down the days to when this is released!

2.
A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas ==> I am among the many readers who shamelessly love this series (though there are *ahem* more than a few issues with it), so I can't wait until it's conclusion released in May. Even though Goodreads lists three more books coming after it in the series, it's the final instalment in the core trilogy and I so excited to get my hands on it!

3.
Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab ==> Oh look another VE Schwab book, I AM that predictable. Basically I've loved everything I've ever read from her, and I'm sure this conclusion to the Monsters of Verity duology will be no exception. (I need more August Flynn and Kate Harker in my life!)



4.
All The Birds in the Sky by Charlie Jane Anders ==> I already own this book, and really want to read it in 2017! It's a mixture of sci-fi (there's a two second time machine (??) that sounds amazing) and fantasy (one of the main characters is a witch) that sounds right up my alley.

5.
The Sudden Appearance of Hope by Claire North ==> I got this for my birthday last year, and can't believe I haven't read it yet, because I loved the two other books I've read from her. The Hope in the title is a woman who people instantly forget, which apparently "makes my life tricky. But it also makes me dangerous."

6.
The Secret History by Donna Tartt ==> I feel like I am constantly hearing from people on Instagram about how amazing this book is, so I think it's high time I gave it a read. It sounds like the perfect mix of mystery and drama, and it's already sitting on my shelves...



7.
The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen ==> I wanted to read this book ever since I first heard about it, so I think it's a bit of a travesty that I haven't got to it yet! It's the story of an unprepared queen finally claiming her throne and attempting to rule, but all the while forces are conspiring against her...

8.
Reasons to Stay Alive by Matt Haig ==> I've already read his book The Humans and LOVED it, but I've heard from lots of people that this is actually their favourite book of his. It's non-fiction, and tells the story of his struggle with depression and mental illness, so I'm hoping I can learn a lot from it.

9.
The Paper Magician by Charlie N Holmberg ==> I bought this over a year ago on a whim from Amazon, and it's sat on my TBR pile ever since. (The only reason I've picked it up since is to take bookstagram pics of it!) But it's pretty short, and I'm hoping it'll be a fun, lighthearted fantasy / romance novel. 

10.
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs ==> I found my copy of this in a charity shop for £2! But despite my initial excitement about owning it, I still haven't read it, so I'm hoping I can get to it sometime later this year!



11.
Station Eleven by Emily St John Mandel ==> Ok, confession: I actually started this last summer, and got about seventy pages in before I had to put it down. To be honest, the fact that it was a dystopian, and was so UNCANNILY REALISTIC that it was actually bumming me out, but what I read I really liked (the writing was beautiful!) so I'd like to finish it sometime!

12.
Slade House by David Mitchell ==> I've already read Cloud Atlas and The Bone Clocks by him, and LOVED both of them, and apparently this is a sort-of-companion novel to Bone Clocks, but is also about a somewhat haunted house, so really it has everything going for it! But once again it's been on my TBR pile FOREVER, and I just wanna read it!

13. 
The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams ==> This is the second in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy "trilogy of five", and Hitchhiker's was such a fun read my brother got me the full box set for Christmas. But that was Christmas 2015, so I should really get a move on with the sequels. 

14. 
Sovereign by CJ Sansom ==> Speaking of series I never finished ... This is the third book in the Shardlake series, a detective in Tudor England, and now I have officially absorbed the series onto my shelves (from my mum) I really have no excuse to not read the rest of them!



15.
Adulting: How to Become a Grown-Up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps by Kelly Williams Brown ==> This is one of the few books I got for Christmas, so I guess it's not too disgraceful I haven't started it yet. I asked for it because although I like to think I'm becoming a pretty decent Grown-Up-in-progress™ this book seemed like it had a LOAD of useful tips for me to become a fully-fledged Qualified Grown-UP.

16. 
Eat Sweat Play by Anna Kessel ==> Apparently this book changes you attitude towards sport, and your life along with it, and as I'm someone who has always hated most physical activities with all the might I can muster, I want to see what this can do for me. And after hearing people rave about how amazing it is on Youtube, I'm planning to read it this year!

17.
The Watchmaker of Filigree Street by Natasha Pulley ==> I won't lie, what first drew me to this book was it's amazing green page edges, but luckily I'm someone who is very good at not buying books just because they're pretty. But when they're very pretty and have a very intriguing blurb, and a very good first few pages (which I read straight away in the bookshop) my self-discipline can weaken just a tad. It was one of my first buys of 2017 and I'm hoping it'll be one of my first reads too!


--- Lillian | Ink and Pages


No comments:

Post a Comment