Taylor Swift Book Tag


This is a book tag created by Sarah-Jane from the channel The Book Life (and you can find her original video here). It takes a bunch of Taylor Swift song titles and poses a book-related question for each one, and seeing as I am a massive Taylor Swift fan, I thought I should get round to doing it eventually!


Q1. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together – a book series you were pretty sure you were in love with, but it turns out you want to break up with?
A. The Luxe series by Anna Godberson – this book series was described as “Gossip Girl in 1900s New York” on the cover, and even though I’d never watched Gossip Girl, I still thought it sounded good. And it was. That is, it was pretty good until the ending of the fourth and final book, when (in my opinion) everything went wrong. Things which had been building for the entire series suddenly poofed out of existence, and random things which felt completely out of place happened instead. I feel like the author was just trying to surprise us with the ending, but to me it just felt completely wrong, and I couldn’t help but feel betrayed and massively disappointed. 




Inkheart (Inkworld, #1)Q2. Red – a book with red on the cover?

A. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke – I read this book when I was about 12 on a friend’s recommendation, and really enjoyed it. It’s about a girl called Meggie, whose father has the incredible ability to “read” characters and objects out of books when he reads aloud. However this isn’t as amazing an ability as it might sound, and pretty quickly enough trouble is stirred up to set Meggie and her dad Mo on an amazing adventure.


Q3. The Best Day – a book that made you feel nostalgic?

A. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling – to be honest, I was only 11 when I read this (and on the very same day it came out) but it still made me feel nostalgic. I’d been a fan of Harry Potter pretty much since I could read (The Philosopher’s Stone was the first proper novel I ever read by myself as a child) and it was such a perfect conclusion to the series. 


The Song of AchillesQ4. Love Story – a book that has forbidden love in it?

A. The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller – the love in this isn’t so much expressly and completely forbidden, but it is keep a secret out of fear of what would happen if it was discovered. The love story in this took me completely by surprise (when it really shouldn’t’ve – if only I’d actually read the blurb) but it was simply beaitiful I loved every second of it, and this book itself is one of my all-time favourites. 


Q5. I Knew You Were Trouble – a book with a bad character you can’t help but love?

A. Lockhart from the Harry Potter series by JK Rowling – I think most people for this answer chose some evil but attractive and/or intriguing book antagonist, who is very much “the baddie” but is written so fantastically that you can’t help but love them. But Lockhart is one of my very favourite characters from the Harry Potter series (even though he’s so frustrating) and so I had to pick him. 


The Fault in Our StarsQ6. Innocence – a book someone ruined the ending for you?

A. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green – sometimes it feels like everyone on earth except me has read this book, but I know for sure that I have no interest in reading it. I’m not a massive fan of YA books or tragedies (though there are of course some exceptions), so it was always unlikely I’d pick up this book. The person who actually ruined it for me was me myself – I read the summary on wikipedia because I was curious, and to be honest I don’t really regret it. 


Q7. Everything Has Changed – a book with a character who goes through extensive character change?

Fever Crumb (Fever Crumb, #1)A. Kit Solent from Fever Crumb by Philip Reeve – Fever Crumb is the first book in the prequel series to the Mortal Engines Quartet, and there’s some nice foreshadowing and the occasional nod to the original series in the book, which of course I would have missed if I hadn’t read and loved the Mortal Engines books. I don’t want to spoil anything, but the character of Kit Solent turns out to be a lot more important in the grand scheme of things than I ever could have possibly dreamt, and when I once I’d realised what had just happened, it actually made me cry, and I spent a minute wondering at the genius of Philip Reeve. 


Q8. You Belong With Me – a book you’re highly anticipating? 
A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)
A. This was a hard question to answer, as I’m not someone who usually pays attention to the latest book releases, and I don’t really have a long list of books that come out soon and I’m desperate to get my hands on. But one book I am looking forward to is the sequel to A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas: A Court of Mist and Fury. I liked the first book a lot (though there were of course some flaws) and so I am genuinely looking forward to this release, with hopes that it’ll be even better than the first. 


Q9. Forever And Always – your favourite book couple? 

A. Molly and Arthur Weasley from the Harry Potter series by JK Rowling – they are simply amazing together, and I love reading about them. Originally I was having trouble with this question, but once I thought of the wonderful Weasleys I knew there could be no other answer. 


Q10. Come Back, Be Here – a book you don’t want to lend out because you’re worried you’ll miss it too much?

A. Skybreaker by Kenneth Oppel. This is one of my ALL TIME favourite books, and I am incredibly protective of it. To be honest, I did lend it my brother once, but only because I knew I could pop in on him when he least expected it and check he was treating my book with all the honour and respect it deserves. It’s actually the sequel to another book (Airborn) which I didn’t read until years after I’d read this one and is no-where near as good. Even though I’m so unwilling to let this book out of my grasp, I am always keen to recommend it to everyone around me, whether they asked for a recommendation or not. 


No comments:

Post a Comment