13 January 2016

New to Booktube / Book Blogging TAG

This a tag originally from Youtube, created by Trina at Between Chapters – you can find her original video here. It was designed for Booktubers, so I've adapted some of the questions slightly. 

1. Where are you joining us from?
I’m originally from London (in the UK), but studying in Bristol, where I’ll be doing most of my posting from.

2. How old are you?
20. 

3. Why did you join Booktube book blogging? 
It looked like fun! I was originally tempted by the idea of making Youtube videos about books, but realised I would be terrible at it, so writing about them here instead seemed like the obvious answer. I love the different book tags you can find on Booktube, plus I have a lot of other ideas for recommendations and so on, so I'm looking forward to it!


4. What is the meaning behind your channel blog name? 
I knew I wanted to be called the “something Library” and as dragons are my favourite animals, after a little bit of thought I settled on “Little Dragon Library”.

5. What types of books do you read / want to talk about here?
I’d like to talk about all of the types of books that I read on here, and I like to think I read a little bit of everything, but my favourite / most common genres are probably general fiction, science fiction, and fantasy.

6. Who are some of your favourite authors?
JK Rowling, for obvious reasons; Philip Reeve, whose books I love; probably V E Schwab, who I discovered last year; and I also have a big soft spot for Sarah Dessen, David Mitchell and Kate Morton. 

7. What’s the last book you read?
My most recent read was Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo, which I read really quickly last week while I should have been writing an essay.

8. What are you currently reading?
At the moment I’m reading Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas. It's the fourth book in the Throne of Glass series, and I'm actually really enjoying it! I always say that the series isn't exactly great literature, but I genuinely like the characters (even Manon is growing on me in this book), and I love the twisting-turning plot and its surprises. 

 9. What do you use for bookmarks?
Anything thing that’s lying around – scraps of paper, bits of kitchen roll or toilet paper, and very rarely an actual bookmark. I am not one of those people who dog ears pages, even though I'm generally not too precious about my books. 

10. Show us your current To Be Read pile!
My TBR list is very long, but the books floating around at the top include: Scrivener’s Moon by Philip Reeve, The Lake House by Kate Morton, and Ghostwritten by David Mitchell. 

11. Which do you prefer: 
- Hardback or paperback?  
Personally, I prefer paperbacks, as they’re cheaper and much easier to transport - currently around 85% of my books are paperback. But sometimes I like to indulge in a massive, beautiful hardback edition.
- Ebooks or physical books?
I don’t think I could ever own an ebook or an e-reader; for me the whole experience of reading a book is dependent on having actual physical pages to turn, and it feels really weird to me reading anything off a screen. 
- Owning or borrowing books?
I prefer owning books, but I am quite cautious and will only buy a series one book at a time to make sure I actually like it and don’t end up wasting money on things I'll never read.

12. What book or series got you into reading?
Bit of a cliché answer, but the Harry Potter series. When I first found them – around the time the fourth book was published, but before the first film was released – I absolutely loved them, and convinced my parents to let me have a Harry Potter-themed birthday party. But most of my friends didn't know what Harry Potter was at that point, so it had to be a generic witches and wizards party instead. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone was the first full novel I read as a child, and remains one of my favourites today.

source


No comments:

Post a Comment