March 2015 Wrap Up

In March 2015 I (only) read two books:

        The Miniaturist                                     Cress 
           Jessie Burton                               Marissa Meyer
                     ★★                                                  
To be honest, I really didn't like The Miniaturist. I thought it was incredibly dull, I didn't like any of the characters (Marin did get a little more interesting towards the end though), and I hated the fact you never actually find out anything about the miniaturist herself. The whole mystery of the book is based around her - is she spying on them? is she magic? what on earth is happening? - but you just never find out, and by the end, I really didn't care, I was so done with the book. It took me a looooong time to read, and I basically had to force myself to finish it. I gave it  stars.


Cress was a lot better. After the disappointment which was Scarlet, I was looking forward to a new, more interesting character being introduced. And Cress was certainly interesting! Some parts of the book dragged, but I loved the fact all the characters finally got together! (Except Scarlet, but who really cares about her - she's such a boring character) And although my love for this series has not get regained the peak it reached in Cinder, I'm looking forward to reading Winter when it comes out at the end of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment